Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Honestly...

This week might kill me. I refuse to use business as an excuse to let any of the many things I have to do slide, but I think it may come at the cost of exhaustion. I know I promised to update on the train ride home, but I have a feeling I may end up napping through that entire ride. As vacation draws near there are a myriad of exams and papers due (thankfully, most of these had been studied for/written previously) but touch-ups to reports and regular studying have to go on top of the new material teachers would like for us to learn before the break. This way we can forget it all and then re-learn it when we come back! Doesn't that sound lovely?

I was studying on the elliptical this morning, looking something like a crazed maniac, when I noticed in the margin of my Roman Civilization notes that there is an Italian archaeologist coming to speak today at 4:15. Obviously I'm going to see this, so I need to find a way to work it into my schedule. With some moderate acrobatics, it should be fine. I have an exam later this afternoon before the archaeologist comes to speak. Wish me luck? I'm too nervous for lunch. Perhaps I will be hungry when the archaeologist gets to talking about perfectly preserved late Pleistocene hominid flesh... I should pack a snack, yes? I'm thinking carrots and hummus, then I can pretend the carrot stick is a decomposing prehistoric bone and the hummus can be the sediment I found it in! Nom nom nom.

On another note: still counting the hours until I arrive home. Right now we are at approximately 96 hours and 15 minutes. Jealous? You should be.

Did I mention I got an 'A' on my first Roman Civilization exam? That's how we do it here in Boston. Yay!

1 comment: