Monday, March 7, 2011

The long delayed post...

SO sorry for the delay, all. I hugely appreciate your patience when it comes to my laziness in updating. It is just that my weekend was SO busy (not really). I actually had a pleasantly lazy weekend, spent in Quincy.

I did a lot of nutritional reading on burdock and beets this weekend AND I was also able to take in the wonderful Indiana Jones marathon that graced my boyfriend's television. I had forgotten how good these movies are. Since this is my future profession, not just the archaeology part, but the kicking ass part as well, I figured it would be fruitful for me to do some intensive research on my field from the couch.

What enhances the Indiana Jones cinematic experience? I'll tell you. It is fresh, homemade pico de gallo. You can't go wrong. My boyfriend and I decided to whip up a fresh batch during Temple of Doom. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S. I know I never posted those pictures of the garbanzo bean burgers, but it was only because they were eaten before I could get the camera into the fray. Just know that they were both beautiful and mouth watering. To make up for the lack of burger photos, boyfriend did take a picture of the fresh pico de gallo (he's the better photographer).


Doesn't that look incredible...like...the most amazing thing ever? The amount of pico de gallo we eat is obscene. It goes on everything: the garbanzo bean burgers, rice, chips, salad, etc. I sometimes even eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon! I will never tire of it.

I must say, as I am getting closer to going home I am getting progressively more excited. I even talked to the pizza maker from my old work today! For those of you who might not know me personally, I used to waitress at this small Italian restaurant in my hometown. My mother remains to be the Queen of Pizza, and this is the only person who has ever come close to her level of pizza-perfection. I was expressing how much I missed his pizzas, but also how I don't eat dairy anymore. Luckily for me, he reminded me that my favorite pizza on the menu (the salad pizza) is completely dairy free!

My dad spent part of his night getting my train ticket all in order for Saturday. My boyfriend will be dropping me off at the Boston Amtrak station in the morning. I shall update while I am en route (if there is internet...I think there is). My daddy will then be picking me up around 11:30! I am already so excited I feel like I just had a whole bunch of caffeinated diet coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment